Christopher L Simpson
- I am a Junior Level college student looking for a full or part time summer job doing 3D Modeling or architectural visualization work. I have design experience with 3dsMax, Maya, Auto CAD, Lightwave, Inventor, and Revit in 3D. I also have 2D experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, and Dreamweaver.
- HNTB, Technology Group - Intern, 3D Design (Fall and Spring Semesters, 2007-2008)
Worked as a member of a 3D modeling team to create 3D models of proposed architectural projects. Used 3D Studio Max, Photoshop, and V-Ray to create the models from photos, CAD drawings and hand drawn sketches of existing or planned architectural elements.
- Worked in Partnership with Keiwit on New Mexico Railrunner Project
Worked in a joint partnership project with HNTB and Keiwit on the New Mexico Railrunner Project. Made 3d models of proposed stations and fencing along rail lines using 3DS Max and AutoCAD
- Wall Ties and Forms- Intern 3D Modeling (May 2008 – February 2009)
Worked on the “presentation team” to create 3D models of apartments, houses and other buildings. Used CAD plans for reference, to illustrate how finished structures would appear. Used Autodesk Inventor to create animations of buildings requested by the companies clients. The majority of the clients were international, and used the model and plans to make design changes as needed.
- Animation Lab Assistant (August 2011- May )
During Fall and Spring Semesters, I was employed as a computer lab assistant at the Computer Animation lab at Missouri State University. I work to help people in the lab with any questions they have, help with maintaining the computer systems, and help with print requests and managing the printers.
- Computer Help Business (2007- Current)
Worked with members of the Brazilin community in Kansas City to solve basic computer issues such as updates and virus removal. Made house calls and did troubleshooting over the phone. Business is self run and work was occasional and based on need.
- Olathe Northwest High School, Olathe, KS, Graduated May 2007
- Johnson County Community College, Overland Park, KS
Associates of Applied Science in Computer Animation
- Missouri State University
Currently Enrolled as a Junior in the Electronic Arts Program with Computer Animation Emphasis. Accepted into major Spring 2011
Autodesk 3D Studio Max
SimCity 4 Lot Editor/ Renderer
V-Ray Rendering Engine
Adobe Flash, Photoshop Dreamweaver and Illustrator
Adobe After Effects
AutoCAD 1, 2, 3
Business Computer Applications
Conceptual Art for Animation
Computer Animation 1 to 4
Drawing 1 to 2
Introductory Audio Techniques
Conceptual Art for Animation
Introduction to Computer Animation
Advanced Animation and Effects
Interactive Media Concepts
Computer Game Creation
- Aerospace / Engineering Endorsement, Proficient Level
- International Studies Endorsement
- Currently on Dean’s Honor Roll at Missouri State University
- Certified NOAA Storm Spotter
- Order of the Arrow and Mic-O-Say Member (Boy Scout Honor Organizations)
- National English Merit Finalist 2006
- Won Employee of the Month award for three different months as a moderator on the largest active Sim City website, Simtropolis.com
- Won a annual award three years in a row for being a helpful 3D modeling mentor on Simtropolis
- Multicultural Leadership Scholarship- Missouri State University
- Many of my 3D Designs of buildings were ranked best of the week, and others were the best of the day on a SimCity Web site. My models have over 269,000 downloads by interested SimCity gamers.
- My family is multi-cultural, Brazilian / United States. I am Bilingual English / Portuguese, with strong skills in Spanish from taking 4 years of High School Spanish. I received an International Endorsement on my High School diploma for completing classes in international studies, beyond the normal requirements for High School graduation, showing proficiently in a foreign language, and participating in international cultural activities, both in the US and abroad. –
- I have been a scout for 12 years and am very active in scouting activities. I have attained the rank of Eagle Scout.
- 1 week Mission Trip to Chicago, IL, worked with "The Children’s Place", an organization that helps children and families with AIDS
- 1 week Mission Trip to El Paso, TX, worked with "The Self Help Center" , an organization that builds houses for immigrants
- 1week mission trip to Kingston, Jamaica to assist Claretian Brothers with special needs residents in Mission House
- 1 week mission trip to New Orleans, LA to assist Operation Nehemiah with rebuilding Hurricane Katrina damaged buildings
- Worked with Special Olympics swimming training, once a week for 4 months
- Worked with High School Youth Groups on various community projects
- Worked with Boy Scout Troop 240 on various community projects
Phone – (913) 375-7523
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
References Available on Request